Sunday, June 2, 2013

How to make a track in Tabletop, part 2



Building off of the beat I made on the 'gridlok', I will continue with the track.  Now I will tap the keyboard icon in the top right corner to open the device menu and drag the 'M8RX' tone matrix to the tabletop (as in the photo above).


The M8RX is a sequencer and sound module.  You can choose a sound patch, type of scale and key, and program tones on a grid.  The vertical axis represents pitch and the horizontal represents time.  Pushing play and tapping buttons on the grid is a good way to start.  


I picked the sound patch 'Rusty Bell'...


And the C pentatonic scale. 
I listened to the beat I made with 'Gridlok' and tapped the buttons on the M8RX grid to light them up and sound the tones.  I overdubbed a new instrumental part over the drum beat.  Then I zoomed out, tapped the mixer, and turned the 'Gridlok' track all the way down, isolating the M8RX.  I zoomed out again and tapped the session button.  I selected share on soundcloud and named the audio file and attached a picture.  

Here is the audio of the tone matrix pattern:  

https://soundcloud.com/zen_oasis/tabletop_ex1_tonematrix






No comments:

Post a Comment